Lamps of light and Preparers of the Future.
Teachers are undoubtedly the reasons why we live in a more civilized and enlightened world. Having huge responsibilities on their shoulders, the way they shape the life of a young teen is surreal. Often considered as oceans of knowledge, teachers are widely respected by the general public.
If you are a candidate qualified for obtaining a teaching job and have an upcoming interview session then reading this article becomes unavoidable for you as it consists of some of the best and most frequently asked teacher interview questions.
21 Best Interview Questions To Study
1. Pedagogy Is An Applied Science. We Only Hire Teachers Who Are Adept With The Various Principles and Conventions Of Pedagogy. Can You Explain In Brief About The Social, Physical and Cognitive Development?
Sure sir, These are:
|Physical development||Teens/ adolescents undergo rapid physical changes, such as:|
1) Increase in height
2) Increase in body weight and muscle mass
3) Changes in the skeletal system
The teachers must help the students with all the concerns and queries associated with the physical developments.
|Social development||It refers to the ability of the students to co-exist in society. Social development not only focuses on the realization of the self but also helps the students understand the outside world in which they have to ultimately thrive.|
|Cognitive development||It refers to the development of an appropriate belief system and an impeccable thought process using which students can meet the challenges and resolve complex queries using logic.|
2. What Is Your Understanding Of The Language-Education Strategy?
Sir, as per this strategy, a student initially obtains education in his or her mother tongue. After some time, the students are encouraged to pick up other languages and widen their array of knowledge. This strategy aims to maximize the learning potential and helps the students to develop a strong academic foundation. Usually, new languages are added after the completion of schooling.
3. Development Of Critical Thinking Skills Among Students Is Pivotal. Comment On This Statement.
Yes sir, I completely agree with this statement. The development of critical thinking is one of the reasons to study. It not only helps a student to use logic and rationales to solve a critical problem but also helps them to view the different situations with a distinct view.
It should be the primary objective of the teachers to develop critical thinking skills among the students by asking them a few open-ended questions, engaging in relevant classroom activities, and assigning them projects that require an out-of-the-box approach.
4. Showing Documentaries To Students Is A Popular Way To Develop Their Opinion and Form Argumentative Abilities. Assume A Situation In Which Suddenly A “Communist Scene” Appears In The Documentary Shown. How Will You Handle This Situation?
Sir, all the documentaries, educational movies, and other media files must be carefully chosen and selected. Such a situation, first of all, represents a lapse and ignorance of due diligence. I never do this and always prefer to see the media first before showing it to the students.
Still, if such a situation occurs, I would:
- Analyze the controversial scene with the students
- Let them form opinions and contest the assumptions made about the community
- Reflect upon the generalizations made in the documentary and would impart correct education
5. What Would Be The Best “Vacation Project” For The Students If A Teacher Wants To Teach Its Students About Price Levels Existing In A Perfectly Competitive Market?
Sir, vacation projects are an innovative way of learning that helps teachers to impart education more excitingly and engagingly. To teach the students about the price levels and let them develop an empirical relationship, I would tell them to visit their nearest vegetable market (perfect competition) and note down the different levels of prices prevailing in the market.
They will certainly find minimal variations in the prices offered. This will help them to understand that the firms operating in a perfectly competitive market are price takers and have minimal control over the selling price.
6. Vocabulary Plays An Important Role In Imparting Language Education To The Students. Are You Aware Of Active and Passive Vocabulary?
Yes, sir, vocabulary helps a student to grasp a concept perfectly. Further, a student with a rich vocabulary base can develop perfect answers during the examinations. This vocabulary can be divided into two different parts, which are:
- Active Vocabulary: It represents those words that a student can understand as well as be able to use while speaking or writing. These words are well understood by the students and they feel confident in using them for different purposes.
- Passive Vocabulary: It represents those words that a student is only able to understand partially. He or she is not clear with the complete meaning of the word and remains hesitant while using them practically.
7. What Are The Different Stages Of Cognitive Development As Preached By Piaget? Explain Them In Brief.
Sir, Jean Piaget was a Swiss psychologist and has devised the theory of cognitive development. This theory comprises four different stages, which are:
|Stages of Cognitive Development||Age Group||Explanation|
|Sensorimotor Stage||0 to 2 years||A toddler learns about the different things through looking, sucking, listening, and other basic actions. It realizes that many things in this world cannot be seen but they still exist.|
|Preoperational Stage||2 to 7 years||The kids start to remember things and use pictures to represent the different figures. They can use words, however, they cannot perceive things from the perspective of others.|
|Concrete Operational Stage||7 to 11 years||The kids can broaden their imagination and can think logically. They become more organized and start using reasoning.|
|Formal Operational Stage||12 years and above||The adolescents start using abstract reasoning and try to think socially, emotionally, philosophically, and politically.|
8. Effective Communication Is A Consistent and Continuous Process. Comment On This Statement.
Sir, the given statement is true. Effective communication is an essential element of classroom teaching using which the teachers can establish a mentor-student relationship with the learners. It not only helps the students to become better learners but also enables them to grasp the tough concepts with relative ease.
Additionally, effective communication serves as the basis for the development of a strong foundation. It is a consistent process as its absence can lead to poor academic performance.
9. Describe A Situation In Which You Were Forced To Have An Emergency Meeting With The Parents Of The Student.
Sir, in my opinion, teachers should always remain in touch with the parents of the students and form a camaraderie. It is my approach to always give consistent feedback of the students to their parents.
I remember an instance when two boys in my class got engaged in a brawl. This forced me to call the parents of the two boys on an urgent basis.
10. Education Must Be Constantly Updated. The Curriculum Must Be Amended and Periodically Reviewed To Be In Line With The Latest Pattern and Trends. How Much Do You Agree With This Ideology?
Sir, this statement is true. There should be a constant updating of the curriculum so that the students can understand the concepts that are latest and pertain to the novel technology. In my opinion, there is no need to teach the programming language HTML in the era of Python.
By periodically reviewing the curriculum the students would be able to gain the latest education. This would make them more employable and will also increase their chances of getting selected in good universities or doing jobs at lucrative pay packages.
11. What Do You Understand By The problem-posing Model Of Pedagogy? How Different Is It From The Banking Model?
Sir, a problem-posing model of pedagogy is a modern approach to teaching in which students and teachers are often seen as companions. They form a union with each other and collaborate to maximize their learning potential. Yes, it is different from the banking model of pedagogy. It is a rudimentary approach in which students are given less freedom and are seen in a passive state.
12. Potent Communication Serves As The Basis For Productive Classroom Teaching. Can You Share The Two Elements On Which It Depends?
Yes, sir, potent communication maximizes the learning outcomes and serves as the basis for productive classroom teaching. It is majorly influenced by two elements, which are mentioned hereunder:
- Synchronization of Verbal Communication and Body Language: While delivering lectures and classroom teachings, a teacher should create appropriate coordination between the verbal delivery of concepts and the body movements, especially gestures of the hands. This creates the educational content more engaging and students enjoy learning.
- Assessing The Needs of the Learners: To promote quality learning it is necessary that the real needs and wants of the students are identified and classroom sessions are designed accordingly. This will help the students to retain an interest in the lecture delivered.
13. You Got To Be “Special” To Make “Special Students”. This Is The Reason Why We Only Hire Teachers That Are Talented and Unique From The Others. What Can You Offer Us That Someone Else Cannot?
Sir, it’s true. Students reflect on their teachers and usually consider them as their role models. In my opinion, my strong grip on my core domain, and my ability to design some excellent classroom lectures make me special. I have a knack for identifying the needs of my students and molding my teaching style accordingly.
14. Following The General Principles Of Logic, A Statement Is Usually Divided Into Three Different Parts. Can You Tell Us Something About Those Parts?
Yes, sir, it is true. A statement, following the principles of logic, is divided into these three parts:
- Subject: The primary character for which references have been made. A subject is usually the doer of an action.
- Predicate: It represents the secondary character that bears or sustains the performed action. A predicate usually defines and illustrates the various qualities of the subject.
- Copula: To form an appropriate logic, it is necessary to establish a proper relationship between the subject and the predicate. This function is performed by the copula.
15. State The Three Best Qualities That Every Teacher Must Possess.
Sir, in my humble opinion, a teacher must be:
- Knowledgeable and must have great control over the core domain
- An effective communicator
- Empathetic and must be able to understand the viewpoint of the students
16. An Intervention Based Action Research Is Based Upon Four Phases. Are You Aware Of Them? If Yes, Please Share Them In Brief.
Sir, intervention-based action research is a technique that emphasizes finding solutions to all classroom problems and issues. It is based upon four different phases, which are:
|Different Phases of Intervention Based Action Research||Explanation|
|Plan||This is the first phase wherein efforts are made to understand all the issues and classroom problems that are acting as a bottleneck and hampering the achievement of classroom objectives|
|Act||The problems identified in the “plan” stage are acted upon. Strategies, techniques, and plans are developed to eliminate all the hindrances and issues.|
|Observe||The developed plans are consistently monitored and assessed for quality. The inconsistencies are noted.|
|Reflect||This is the last phase of the research, wherein all the inconsistencies found in the developed plans are reflected upon and removed. Further, efforts are also made so that these inconsistencies do not re-appear.|
17. How Do You Prioritize The Different Tasks Offered To You?
Sir, I usually arrange my tasks based on their difficulty level. The tasks that are tough and require a greater application of mind, I usually perform at the beginning of my shift.
18. Your Resume Shows That You Are Currently Working With A School. When Can You Begin Working With Us?
Yes, sir, I am currently working with a school named ABC High School. I am a regular teacher over there on the school’s roll. However, I was a bit upset with the way they were managing their employees and hence I had already served them with a notice. I have been relieved from my duties and have eve received all my dues. Hence, I am an immediate starter.
19. We Constantly Monitor Our Teacher’s Performance and Give Them Feedback and Criticisms. How Do You Handle Them?
Sir, I always handle all the criticisms and negative feedback in a positive manner. I never feel offended upon getting them and always wish to act upon them. I feel negative feedback helps you to improve your performance.
20. There Is No Dearth Of The Educational Institutions. But, Why You Decided To Choose Us As Your Employer?
Being a decade-old educational institute with more than 1000 active students it was a no-brainer to choose you. Further, I have even gone on to interview a few present teachers of your organization and they were all utterly satisfied with the work environment offered. Additionally, the organization is offering a good pay package and incentives that further prompted me to apply and work.
21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
Whenever you hear this interview question, become assured that your opportunity has ended. This question marks the end of your job interview session and after this, you can certainly go home. Hence, attempting this interview question with all your might becomes inevitable. In an ideal response, you must always ask a few relevant counter-questions from your interviewer that must reflect your genuine doubts and apprehensions. Read out the sample questions mentioned below for a better understanding:
- Can you please share the performance evaluation system followed to assess the performance of the regular teachers?
- What are the various monthly and quarterly targets assigned to the teachers?
- What are the various guidelines and advisories issued by the educational institution for its teachers?
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari is the founder of PrepMyCareer.com website.
I am a full-time professional blogger, a digital marketer, and a trainer. I love anything related to the Web, and I try to learn new technologies every day.
All the team management, content creation, and monetization tasks are handled by me. Together with the team at PrepMyCareer, the aim is to provide useful and engaging content to our readers.