With employment opportunities ranging from hospitals to research centers to pharmacy outlets, Pharmacists enjoy a healthy recognition in society along with fetching a lucrative salary for their services. Hence, if you are willing to and interested in studying pharmacy, then be assured you are on the right path. The selection at a reputed pharmacy school, will not only brighten your professional chances but also give you a career boost. Hence, prepare hard for your upcoming pharmacy school interviews by reading out our collection of some of the interview questions.
21 Best Interview Questions To Study
1. What Do You Understand By The Process Of Emulsification Of Fats?
Being an interview session for getting admitted into the course of pharmacy, you can certainly expect a few questions from basic biology and chemistry. Thus, revise your classroom notes and be ready to face such fundamental questions.
Sir, emulsification of fats is a digestive process in which the larger fat molecules are divided and broken into smaller fat molecules with the help of Bile juice, which is an enzyme produced by the Liver. The end result of this process is the formation of Fatty acids and Glycerol.
2. I Was Wondering About Cryptogams Today. Can You Explain Me, Who They Are?
Not only human biology and chemistry, but also botany also plays an important role in the life of a pharmacist. Hence, gain a working knowledge in this segment too.
Sure, sir, Cryptogams belong to the classification of the plant kingdom, provided by A. W. Eichler in the year 1883. These are seedless varieties of plants and comprises:
- Thallophyta: They have no vascular system, but do have a differentiated body, which is known as Thallus. For example, Algae, Lichens, etc.
- Bryophyta: They do not have a proper shoot system or a root system, and also lack the vascular system. For example, Mosses, Liverworts Hornworts, etc.
- Pteridophyta: They have a differentiated root as well as shoot system, with the presence of a vascular system. For example, Ferns
3. Pharmacy Is A Technical Course and Will Require A Lot Of Hardwork and Perseverance. How Will You Manage It?
This question tests how interested and committed you are to engaging yourself in the demanding course of pharmacy. Be specific, and always use persuasive language.
Sir, in my humble opinion, without hard work and perseverance, even passing high school would have been quite tough. I completely understand the requirements of this course and have the ability as well as the capacity to study this course. I have a strong academic foundation and a thorough basic knowledge, which will certainly help me in grasping those tough concepts and chemical equations. Further, both my parents are successful pharmacists, and I draw inspiration from them.
4. Duodenum, A Part of Small Intestine Plays No Role In The Digestion of Food. Comment On This Statement.
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the human digestive system.
Sir, I completely disagree with this statement as Duodenum plays a major in the human digestive process because it receives secretions from both the Liver (Bile juice) and the Pancreas (Intestinal juice). Both these enzymes are critical in ensuring the proper digestion of food molecules and act upon the food particles in the duodenum.
This question is a practical application of botany, wherein you are required to share the parts of the plants fit for human consumption.
Sure, sir, These are:
|Name of the food||Part of the plant|
|Clove||Bud of the flower|
|Sugarcane, which is ultimately processed into table sugar||Stem|
6. There Will Always Be Students Scoring Higher Than You and Also More Successful Than You. How Do You Keep Your Inferiority Complex At Bay.
This is a psychological question, which tests your mental strength and ability to manage the various issues that will arise in your college life.
Sir, I have always preached and followed self-comparison, wherein I must analyze my own strengths and weaknesses. In this process, I make sure that I am moving forward on the path to success, no matter if my speed is gradual or slow. Inferiority complex arises due to external comparisons, which hurt more than giving inspirations. Hence, I do not engage in them and restrict myself to the positive vibes only.
7. How Do You Interpret The Term “Napthoquinone”?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various types of vitamins.
Sir, “Napthoquinone” is the scientific name of Vitamin K, the deficiency of which can cause Blood clotting and liver damages. Our body extracts this vitamin from Green leafy vegetables, vegetable oil, and cereals.
8. The Process Of Digestion Starts With Ingestion Of Food. Explain This Proposition.
This question tests how much you know about the human digestive system.
Sir, the given statement is completely true. The salivary glands present in our mouth release salivary amylase, which acts upon the food particles almost immediately as soon as these are ingested. This enzyme converts the starch present in our food into maltose, which is finally converted into glucose (my maltose enzyme) and then glycogen (by insulin). Our body ultimately stores energy in the form of fat, which is technically known as glycogen.
Drugs of almost all types are based on human requirements of minerals and vitamins. Thus, there will always be questions testing your knowledge in this aspect.
Sure, sir, These are:
|Type of Mineral||Examples|
|Major minerals (required in comparatively greater quantity)||Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorous|
|Trace minerals (required in comparatively lesser quantity)||Iron, Zinc, Iodine|
10. Describe About A Situation When You Terribly Failed In Your Examinations.
This is a personality evaluating question, which tests how you manage your failures.
Sir, failures are a part of life, and instead of focusing on them, we must concentrate on the reasons, which led to our demise. To be honest, I have failed in many examinations, but every time, I analyzed and returned stronger by eliminating my past mistakes. There is no single unique instance to share, as every time I fail, I feel bad for a few moments, just like everybody, but I always step up and begin my analysis part. In my humble opinion, learning from your mistakes is the only way, you can be successful.
11. Which Vitamin Is Useful For The Development Of Red Blood Cells In Our Body? What Happens Due To Its Deficiency?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various vitamins needed by human bodies.
Sir, Vitamin B9, or Folic acid, is responsible for the formation of red blood cells in our body. These cells combine with hemoglobin to form a combination of oxyhemoglobin, which transports oxygen to each and every cell in our body. Blood being an extracellular fluid flows through arteries, and cells on the way, absorb oxygen. Its deficiency will cause anemia and also cause neural tube defects, wherein the nervous system will not properly function and/or develop.
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various types of acids, which are consumed by humans in the form of food.
Sure, sir, These are:
|Name of the acid||Source|
|Tartaric acid||Grapes, Pineapples, Potatoes, Carrots|
|Oxalic acid||Tea, Coffee, Pepper|
13. Name The Various Acids of Vitriol Alongwith Their Chemical Name.
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of basic chemistry.
Sir, Sulfuric acid is known as the oil of vitriol and is used in the development of various drugs and medicines. The various acids of vitriol are:
|Name of the acid||Chemical name|
|Green Vitriol||Ferrous sulfate|
|Blue vitriol||Copper sulfate|
|White vitriol||Zinc sulfate|
14. What Is Tincture Of Iodine?
This question tests your knowledge of applied chemistry.
Sir, iodine is anti-septic and has the ability to kill bacterias and germs. Its efficiency is enhanced when it is mixed with alcohol, which can extract the essential oils and ingredients present in iodine that are not extracted using water. A tincture of iodine is prepared using alcohol and iodine that is commonly used to clean as well as treat wounds.
15. Studying Pharmacy Is Not Only Mentally Demanding But Is Also Financially Expensive. How Will You Finance Your Study?
It is true that the most renowned and reputed pharmacy colleges are expensive and charge high fees. But, the placement opportunities and their ability to attract prominent business organizations to their campus, mostly negates this aspect. As an ideal response, just share your sources of finance, which could be an education loan, your own, or your parent’s savings.
16. Given Our Curriculum, It Is Common For Our Students To Feel Burned Out. How Do You Manage Your Stress Levels?
Stress management is a common expectation of pharmacy schools, as often their level of curriculum and syllabus, keeps the students on the hook. Due to this students might feel, bored, burned out, and ultimately stressed. It is an established fact that stressed students often return abysmal academic performances, and thus, an interviewer is always inserted in knowing the various strategies using which you are able to manage your stress levels.
17. What Motivates You To Study?
This is a common college interview question, wherein an interviewer wants to know about your various motivational factors that prompt you to study hard and become learned. These factors might be influenced by your personal desires, financial conditions, and living circumstances, hence, it is recommended that you always extend a genuine and original reply, avoiding all the generic ones.
18. I Am Sure You Must Have Applied At Various Other Pharmacy Schools As Well. But, Why You Chose Us?
It is an established fact that students apply to several colleges just to enhance their selection chances, and prioritize their applications differently. Thus, through this question, an interviewer wants to know about your level of seriousness and commitment towards the pharmacy school you sought to study in. Prepare your answer by browsing the official website of the pharmacy school and note down all the achievements, and historical facts. Add your personal interests to your notes, and compile a perfect reply.
19. Describe Your Best Teacher and Worst Teacher.
We all study under the supervision and guidance of several teachers and mentors. It is true that some of them are quite helpful and nice to us, often finding a place in our good books. While, some are just the opposite, and often fail to make the cut. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know the basis or the reason using which you separate your good and bad teachers. As a tip of caution, never get carried away while sharing the negative part.
20. What Is Your Dream School?
We all dream, well it’s ingrained in our genetics. We all aspire, which stimulates us to achieve those dreams. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know about your expectations and desires from your pharmacy school. For example, you might dream to study in a pharmacy college, which offers paid internship opportunities to its students and focuses on practical learning, instead of rote learning. Be realistic, and share calculative dreams, which are not fancy.
21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
Be it an interview session of an engineering school, or a drug school, your big day will surely conclude with this interview question, which gives you the last opportunity to leave an impression and impress your interviewer. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know about all the doubts and apprehensions that you might be having in regards to the pharmacy school. It is recommended that you always attempt this question, and ask a few relevant counter-questions on the basis of the model questions mentioned below:
- Please share a list of all the courses and internships, which need to be compulsorily performed so as to complete the degree course.
- Does the school provide for grace attendance in cases of medical emergencies and other similar issues?
- What are the benefits and disadvantages of studying in this pharmacy school?
Table of Contents
- 1 21 Best Interview Questions To Study
- 1.1 1. What Do You Understand By The Process Of Emulsification Of Fats?
- 1.2 2. I Was Wondering About Cryptogams Today. Can You Explain Me, Who They Are?
- 1.3 3. Pharmacy Is A Technical Course and Will Require A Lot Of Hardwork and Perseverance. How Will You Manage It?
- 1.4 4. Duodenum, A Part of Small Intestine Plays No Role In The Digestion of Food. Comment On This Statement.
- 1.5 5. Share At Least Five Parts Of The Plants, Which We Generally Eat In Our Everyday Life.
- 1.6 6. There Will Always Be Students Scoring Higher Than You and Also More Successful Than You. How Do You Keep Your Inferiority Complex At Bay.
- 1.7 7. How Do You Interpret The Term “Napthoquinone”?
- 1.8 8. The Process Of Digestion Starts With Ingestion Of Food. Explain This Proposition.
- 1.9 9. Share A Few Examples Of Major Minerals and Trace Minerals.
- 1.10 10. Describe About A Situation When You Terribly Failed In Your Examinations.
- 1.11 11. Which Vitamin Is Useful For The Development Of Red Blood Cells In Our Body? What Happens Due To Its Deficiency?
- 1.12 12. Share Any Five Types Of Acids, Which We Extract From Human Foods.
- 1.13 13. Name The Various Acids of Vitriol Alongwith Their Chemical Name.
- 1.14 14. What Is Tincture Of Iodine?
- 1.15 15. Studying Pharmacy Is Not Only Mentally Demanding But Is Also Financially Expensive. How Will You Finance Your Study?
- 1.16 16. Given Our Curriculum, It Is Common For Our Students To Feel Burned Out. How Do You Manage Your Stress Levels?
- 1.17 17. What Motivates You To Study?
- 1.18 18. I Am Sure You Must Have Applied At Various Other Pharmacy Schools As Well. But, Why You Chose Us?
- 1.19 19. Describe Your Best Teacher and Worst Teacher.
- 1.20 20. What Is Your Dream School?
- 1.21 21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
- 2 References