Any job in the sales category requires a lot of time investment and skills like effective convincing powers. A successful car salesman can easily step into the shoes of a car buyer. Customer is king in this profession. Once the rapport is established between the customer and the salesman, the deal can be negotiated effectively. It is best to revise all the issues related to the automobile sector before appearing for the interview. The questions for this one are mostly factual.
As a car salesman, one has to stay updated regarding the recent changes in government policies and pollution norms. The interviewer will specifically try to make out whether the applicant is vigilant enough to handle a large number of customers per day or not. Another essential trait is persistence since a lot of enquirers might not be converted into leads at the final call. Thus, a car salesman must have a deep understanding of the market for acing the interview as well as the forthcoming job.
Interview Questions To Prepare Well for Car Salesman Job
1. What Are The 5 Ps Of Industrialization?
The five Ps to successful industrialization include the following:
- Product: The quality of the product is the main determinant in ascertaining the value of a product. This includes the type of the product and raw materials used in the subsequent construction.
- Price: The price should match the counterparts unless there is a patent. This ensures high sales.
- Promotion: Advertisements help in increasing the reach of the product. This indirectly boosts the credibility and dominance in the widespread market.
- Place: If the industry is nearby markets, overheads can be easily saved and vice versa.
- People: This implies that the target audience should be understood well in advance.
2. Can You Elaborate On The Importance Of Convincing Power For A Car Salesman?
It is one of the essential traits a car salesman must possess since the main job of inviting customers requires much persuasion and high convincing power.
3. Is Machine Work More Efficient Than Manual Labor In The Automobile Industry?
A combination of machine work and manual labor is high in efficiency for this industry as they are specialized in their respective tasks.
4. What Would Be Your Strategy Of Maximizing Sales?
The 5 Ps of the marketing mix will help me in maximizing car sales for the company. These are as follows:
- Prospecting: This includes sheer guesswork. Instincts might help the salesman in deciding whether the enquiry is by a prospective customer or not.
- Persistence: Repeated rejections might be disheartening but the salesman should keep his or her spirits high.
- Punt: If one customer is not showing interest, it is a wise decision to dump that process and proceed with the next one.
- Preparation: All information should be collected beforehand so that the salesman does not fall short of facts while talking.
- Proposal: The final step involves presenting the pitch or plan in front of the customer. The decision depends on this step.
5. If The Company Misses Targets During Peak Season, How Can The Car Salesmen Help Out?
In such a scenario, car salesmen can help the company by increasing their devotion to the job. The aim should be shifted towards the company’s progress instead of personal financial gains.
6. How Far Is Outsourcing Of Automobiles Fruitful?
It is not fruitful since overhead expenditures increase while making attempts to outsource.
7. Distinguish Between Hatchback And SUV.
The hatchback is less in height in comparison to SUV. This affects the seating of the driver as well as the other riders. On the other hand, the spacing allows families and elderly people to opt for SUVs in place of hatchbacks. SUVs are highly-priced as compared to hatchbacks owing to high comfort and seating space.
8. Is This Your First Job As A Car Salesman? If No, Give A Glimpse Of Your Previous Jobs.
This is my first job. I have no experience and wish to learn.
9. How Can You Help The Customers Find The Best Car As Per Their Needs?
By asking them about their particular requirements and suggesting models accordingly.
10. How Far Is Mileage Important For An Automobile?
Mileage is important for cars, as well as other fuel-driven vehicles, owing to the miles driven on a particular quantity of fuel expensed. This is also affected by the age of the car and whether it is first hand or second hand. The greater the mileage, the higher will be the efficiency of the automobile, and vice versa.
11. Comment On The Respective Roles Of Diesel Cars And Petrol Cars.
The difference between diesel cars and petrol cars boils down to the most significant component of an automobile, that is, the engine. In diesel cars, the engine incorporated is more powerful than petrol ones. A powerful engine in turn leads to a smooth drive. In addition to this downfall, petrol is costlier than diesel.
12. Will You Focus More on CNG Cars For The Benefit Of Environment Even If This Lowers The Sales?
This depends on the company’s original policies. If the price difference is nill, I would opt for greater reliance on CNG cars as it is a cleaner fuel in comparison to petrol and diesel. On the other hand, sales can be increased later by the introduction of some stringent policies.
13. Are Digital Payments Essential For The Automobile Industry?
Definitely. If all security measures are ensured, digital payments can make a breakthrough in the automobile industry. Though most car buyers pay in installments, at least the down payment can be credited through net banking or other online wallets. Both vendors must handle such transactions with utmost care.
14. Will You Be Able To Ensure That No Fraudsters Hit Our Company?
I would recheck all documents twice. Instinct might also help in such cases as one can easily make out from the customer’s behavior if the enquiry is genuine or not. Regularly cold calling is also an effective way to prevent fraud.
15. How Far Is Sale Of Refurbished Cars Successful In Comparison To Second Hand Cars?
Refurbished cars have a higher edge over second hand cars. This is because the consumer trusts third parties more than the ex users. In some cases, the probability of sales is capped at fifty percent for both these types.
16. Are You Willing To Work With Us Full Time?
Yes. This is my last resort and I would give in my best.
17. How Will You Control Impulsive Reaction If A Customer Misbehaves?
I will try to explain to them the decorum of the sales procedure. If that does not help, I would lastly delegate the client to some other salesperson. This is because grudges with a single employee should not lead to the company’s loss at any cost. Offering probable solutions is the most I can do to pacify the customer.
18. What Is More Important – The Automobile’s Quality Or The Brand’s Advertisement?
Both hold equal importance in the market. I feel that quality stands apart since the car is ultimately sold for the functions it is made up of. No false scenarios should be created and optimum quality raw materials should be used for winning the hearts of customers as well as critics.
19. Is It Suitable To Let Out Old Stock On Discounts?
Yes. Ensuring sales is not all about selling the new stuff. Discounts help in increasing the turnover too. At times, people come to see the discounted material and end up buying from the fresh stock. Thus, this strategy is successful in maximizing sales.
20. Can You List Two Reasons For Recall Of Models By Automobile Companies?
Cars are recalled on a yearly basis or as per the needs of the industry. Two most probable reasons include compliance with the new norms or standards and failure to pass several updated tests. In both cases, if the car remains on the streets, this might invite further problems for the company in lieu of the indemnity clause.
21. Describe The Importance Of Good Communication Skillls For A Car Salesman.
Good communication skills are important for a car salesman since the probability of sale is increased by effective relay of information. The complete redressal of doubts and communication of necessary facts is a sure shot way of converting leads.
Table of Contents
- 1 Interview Questions To Prepare Well for Car Salesman Job
- 1.1 1. What Are The 5 Ps Of Industrialization?
- 1.2 2. Can You Elaborate On The Importance Of Convincing Power For A Car Salesman?
- 1.3 3. Is Machine Work More Efficient Than Manual Labor In The Automobile Industry?
- 1.4 4. What Would Be Your Strategy Of Maximizing Sales?
- 1.5 5. If The Company Misses Targets During Peak Season, How Can The Car Salesmen Help Out?
- 1.6 6. How Far Is Outsourcing Of Automobiles Fruitful?
- 1.7 7. Distinguish Between Hatchback And SUV.
- 1.8 8. Is This Your First Job As A Car Salesman? If No, Give A Glimpse Of Your Previous Jobs.
- 1.9 9. How Can You Help The Customers Find The Best Car As Per Their Needs?
- 1.10 10. How Far Is Mileage Important For An Automobile?
- 1.11 11. Comment On The Respective Roles Of Diesel Cars And Petrol Cars.
- 1.12 12. Will You Focus More on CNG Cars For The Benefit Of Environment Even If This Lowers The Sales?
- 1.13 13. Are Digital Payments Essential For The Automobile Industry?
- 1.14 14. Will You Be Able To Ensure That No Fraudsters Hit Our Company?
- 1.15 15. How Far Is Sale Of Refurbished Cars Successful In Comparison To Second Hand Cars?
- 1.16 16. Are You Willing To Work With Us Full Time?
- 1.17 17. How Will You Control Impulsive Reaction If A Customer Misbehaves?
- 1.18 18. What Is More Important – The Automobile’s Quality Or The Brand’s Advertisement?
- 1.19 19. Is It Suitable To Let Out Old Stock On Discounts?
- 1.20 20. Can You List Two Reasons For Recall Of Models By Automobile Companies?
- 1.21 21. Describe The Importance Of Good Communication Skillls For A Car Salesman.
- 2 References