Ok, So we have a question for you. Do you know how business organizations achieve efficiency or productivity? Still thinking, Ok give us a chance. Through the hard work and perseverance of their employees. Well, that’s true. And where do these employees work? Alas! How simple, in the office mate. That’s where the role of hygiene, cleanliness, and maintenance starts.
Brief Job Profile
A custodian is no less than a superhuman who is primarily responsible to maintain, upkeep, and hold the office buildings and peripheries in an orderly condition. It is more of an entry-level job but is highly important and holds a lot of relevance. It is because without proper working conditions the employees might simply fail to deliver. And we all know what will happen next to their employer organization.
How To Prepare?
Being an overseeing job, a “custodian” enjoys a lot of perquisites and usually fetches a decent salary. It is a highly popular job and even a small number of job applications, evince interest from a large number of job aspirants. Thus, it is necessary that the candidates prepare hard for the interview session and try to read as many frequently asked interview questions as possible. Below is a list of carefully selected most asked interview questions in an interview session of a custodian.
21 Best Interview Questions To Study
1. Explain The Relevance Of Frequent Cleaning Of Equipment Used In your Job?
This question checks whether or not you understand the importance of cleaning your equipment every time they are put to use.
All the cleaning equipment that is used, such as mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners, etc. must be properly cleaned before their every subsequent use. This will not only enhance the life of the product but will also lead to better and long-lasting cleaning. Further, by cleaning them using hard detergents, there are minimal chances of the development of any bacteria or fungus in them, thereby keeping the entire cleaning atmosphere hygienic.
2. Share At Least Three Good Custodian Practices That Must Be Adopted While Performing Duty.
This question checks how much you understand your profession and are you aware of the best practices pertaining to your profession.
Sure, sir, these are:
- All the mops that have been used for cleaning purposes must be hung up, as these are usually dry.
- The buckets that have been used for filling cleaning chemicals and/or water must be emptied and no water must be standing in them
- All the containers that are used, must be properly labeled and assigned a proper checklist, having the name of the material contained in the bucket.
3. What Are The Common Injuries That Are Faced By The Custodians?
This question checks whether or not you are aware of the correct procedure to operate and work.
Sir, usually custodians suffer from back issues due to a variety of reasons, primarily being incorrect lifting of trash bags or any heavy machinery. In addition to this, burns, damages from chemical spills, and fractures (by heedlessly walking on a wet floor) are some other common injuries. A custodian if follows all the safety manuals and works with caution, then he can protect himself from all such injuries.
4. Name A Few Precautionary Warning Messages Displayed At Different Cleaning Sites.
This question tests your awareness in regards to the practical working procedures.
Sure, sir, These are:
5. Describe A Typical Work Day In The Life Of A Custodian.
This question checks how aware are you of your profession.
Sir, a custodian is usually required to perform the following tasks in a working day:
- Sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the floor using heavy machines and cleaning equipment
- Dust the furniture and walls, along with cleaning the windows using soaps and liquid cleansers
- Vacuum clean the carpets
- Manage the trash, by regularly emptying it and ensuring its safe disposal
- Undertake minor repairs and inform the manager of all the major repairs and overhauling activities
6. What Are The Cleaning Gears Of A Typical Custodian?
The custodians must maintain a list of gears while performing their duties. An interviewer though this question wants to know about your gears.
Sir, the gears vary a lot with the nature of the job involved. However, still, there are a few common items such as:
- Cleaning Dress, preferably made up of synthetic and water-resistant fabric
- Brooms/Mops/Vacuum cleaners or any other cleaning equipment, depending upon the nature of the task
- Slip-resistant shoes
7. Your Job Involves Repitition Of Tasks. How Confortable Are You In Performing Repititive Tasks?
Every business organization expects its employees to perform tasks that are repetitive in nature. Hence, answer this question positively.
Sir, I completely agree with this statement. In my opinion, repetition makes you perfect. When you perform a similar set of tasks daily, that makes you more efficient in performing those tasks, and you can certainly do them with greater efficiency and that too in a lesser time. I am completely comfortable in performing those tasks.
8. A Custodian Is A Low Job. Comment On This Statement.
This statement criticizes your own profession. You got to devise and narrate a well-drafted answer so as to defend your profession.
Sir, I don’t find any merit in this statement. No job is low. All the jobs in this universe are equal and there is a greater need for the right person at the right time to fill those missing spaces. I believe, in absence of custodians, all the employees will be required to broom and mop along with doing their own tasks. I wonder, what you will call such laborious employees, who mop and also type on the computer.
9. What Is the Biggest Quality That A Custodian Must Possess?
This question checks your level of acquaintance and knowledge in regard to your job position.
Sir, in my opinion, the biggest attribute that must be present in every custodian is “Patience”. This is because a custodian needs to perform his or her tasks in the middle of a bustling working day. There will always be employees going in and out on a floor that has just been mopped. It might lead to frustration as one has to perform the same tasks again and again. But, that’s what the nature of the job is. Patience would help a custodian to perform his tasks in a better way and also keep his head cool.
10. What Is Your Ethical Team Culture?
Business organizations nowadays prefer to work in a team setup. It usually divides the employees of a company into various teams on the basis of their education levels, tasks to be performed, and individual skills. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know what are the various qualities or attributes that you expect your team members to have. Always quite a few relevant corporate-friendly words, such as dedicated, hardworking, persevering, encouraging, etc.
11. What Motivates You To Work?
This is a common interview question and an interviewer asks this question so as to understand the various factors that prompt and stimulate you to achieve your goals and objectives in a time-bound manner. These factors might be personal to you as they are highly influenced by your personal life, financial conditions, and professional desires. Thus, always give an original answer and avoid all the generic ones.
12. How Do You Prefer To Work – In Team or Individually?
This is a tricky interview question and no matter what side you choose, you will never be safe. This is because, if you prefer to choose “teamwork”, you will be construed as a person who cannot work under minimum supervision and guidance. On the other hand, if you choose “individually” then you are simply a person who cannot maintain camaraderie and a good rapport with your team members. Hence, whatever you choose, justify it with strong logic and rationale.
13. Describe Yourself In A Single Word.
This question requires you to summarize your entire personality to a single word. The best way to answer this question is by reading the job profile and then using a few relevant corporate-friendly words. Some good words for custodians can be, patient, hardworking, detail-oriented, muscular, high-stamina, etc.
14. The Nature Of Your Job Is Hectic and Brisk. How Do You Manage Work Related Stress?
Stress management is a common expectation of business organizations and you ought to have a few relevant techniques using which you can manage your stress levels. This question requires you to state a few of your techniques.
15. What Are Your Major Strengths and Weaknesses?
An interview session is almost incomplete without this question. This question marks its appearance in almost all the interview sessions held across the world. The best way to answer this question is by analyzing yourself completely and then noting down at least three strengths and weaknesses that are closest to you. Prepare them, and you are now completely eligible to draft a perfect reply.
16. What Are Your Salary Expectations?
It is common for the interviewers to ask about the salary expectations of the employees during an interview session itself. This is not a technical question but is quite delicate, as any salary figure that is too high or too low from the mean salary offered in your industry, might deplete your selection chances. Hence, always conduct thorough research of the industry to which you belong and then quote a relevant salary figure.
17. Why You Chose To Work With Us?
Through this question, an interviewer wants to know your level of seriousness and commitment towards the organizations you prefer to work with. The official website of the company is the best source to prepare for this interview question.
18. How Do You Handle Failure At Your Workplace?
We all face failures, but yet, every time it seems new and we are just not able to cope with it. However, business organizations require you to manage your workplace failures using effective techniques and strategies, which are demanded in this question. Answer this question positively.
19. When Can You Start Working?
There is nothing technical in this interview question and only your expected date of start is being requested. Further, this question in no way guarantees your selection and thus you are recommended to maintain your focus. It is true that immediate starters are always preferred, but you are requested to share a true date of start to protect yourself from any complications.
20. As A Custodian You Will Be Supposed To Perform A Lot Of Tasks and Duties. How Do You Prioritize?
As a custodian, you will be supposed to perform several tasks and duties at your workplace. These tasks must be managed and arranged in a specific order on the basis of a developed prioritization technique, which is being requested from you, through this interview question.
21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
Be it the interview session of a job belonging to the entry-level or top-level, an interview session always gets concluded by this interview question. This is the last question of your big day, and after this, you will be allowed to leave the interview venue and you can certainly go home. Through this question an interviewer wants to know, what are the various doubts or apprehensions that you might be having in regards to the business organization. It is always recommended that you attempt this interview question and try to ask a few relevant counter questions. refer to the model questions mentioned below for a fair idea.
- What are the various incentives and allowances that are offered by the company to its employees?
- Please share the work timings that are adopted by the company in its various shifts.
- What are the anti-harassment policies that are adopted by the company for the safeguard of its employees at the workplace?
|PrepMyCareer Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents