What do customers want from an organization? Some nerds are saying they want goods and services for free. But that’s not true. Customer satisfaction is an important milestone for most business organizations that not only enhances brand awareness but also maintains profitability due to consistent revenues. A delivery manager is usually hired by the business organizations so as to develop strong bonds with the customers of the company and try to enhance their loyalty along with reducing the churn rate. Going for an interview of the Delivery manager? Never forget to read out some of the best interview questions from below:
21 Best Interview Questions To Study
1. What Do You Understand By Sales Promotion Tools and When Does An Organizatons Uses It?
This question checks your knowledge and understanding of the core principles of marketing and consumer management.
Sir, ale promotion tools are a form of marketing strategy, in which an organization uses discounts, rebates, coupons, cashback, rewards, free shipping, etc. to promote its products. This type of strategy is usually used to promote and stimulate the sales of an already grown product, that is, a product that is hovering around its maturity stage in the product life cycle.
2. What Is Price Skimming? Explain Using A Practical Application Of The Concept.
This question checks your knowledge and understanding of the core principles of product pricing
Sir, pricing plays an important role in the development of a product. Simply, if a product does not match the expectations of the market, then it is bound to fail. In price skimming or price penetration policy, the selling price of a product is kept at the lower levels initially and is raised gradually as soon as the company is able to grab a good level of market share. This pricing strategy is mostly used for newly launched products.
3. Describe About A Time When You Exceeded The Advertising Budget That Was Allocated To You.
Being a delivery manager, you will certainly be responsible for handling the budgetary requirements.
Sir, it is tough to stick to the budget, as organizations operate in a dynamic business environment in which there is always a scope of some adverse changes. I faced a similar situation while working with my previous organization when the actual advertising expenditure exceeded the budget. This was largely due to strikes made by a few advertising operators, that shot up the rate for ad slots.
4. How Do You Ensure Place Utility?
This question checks your knowledge and understanding of the core principles of consumer satisfaction.
Sir, place utility refers to the act of logistics management using which an organization is able to provide goods and services to its customer at the place of their convenience. For example, a customer who is able to get its preferred products even on a national holiday is able to enjoy place utility. It lies in the management of two-way logistics management of the company, that is, timely supply of raw materials and timely delivery of finished goods to wholesalers/retailers.
5. How Will You Manage A Team Member Who Lacks Intent and Motivation To Perform?
This question checks your ability to work and perform well in a team setup.
Sir, in my humble opinion, each and every member of the team is unique and has its own talents as well as issues. If I ever see a lack of intent and motivation in any of my team members, I would personally have a conversation with him, try to understand his issues, and would explain to him that because of you we are not able to achieve the team target. I will try my level best to solve his issues, and if need be, would take the help of our seniors as well.
6. Name The Best Customer Management Software Used Widely In The Industry.
This question checks your acquaintance with the software industry and your knowledge of the various software available in the market.
Sure, sir, these are:
- Zoho CRM
- HubSpot Sales
- SAP Sales Cloud
This question checks your understanding of your own profession.
Sir, In my humble opinion a delivery manager must have these qualities and attributes:
|Name of the quality||Explanation|
|Leadership||A delivery manager is required to lead and manage the sales team, service delivery team, and in some cases even the finance and budgeting team. Thus, one must have natural leadership qualities.|
|Problem-solving||A business is full of challenges and there will always be some areas in which a delivery manager will be required to make some important business decisions. Thus, one must be critical in one’s thinking and have a problem-solving mindset.|
|Patience||Dealing with the customers needs a lot of patience, calmness, and composure, only after which can the customers remain loyal.|
8. How Will You Handle A Disgruntled Customer Of The Company?
This question checks your practical working knowledge of the job.
Sir, it is common for managers to face and handle disgruntled customers who haven’t received the expected or perceived value from the products and services of the company. If I will ever face such a situation, first of all, I will always try to understand their issues and problems using my active listening skills. Post this, I will analyze by using my critical thinking abilities to devise a perfect resolution for them. Barring some exceptional cases, the customers are satisfied with my resolution.
9. What Is Your Dream Job?
This is a tricky interview question, wherein the candidate might feel that interviewer is going a bit off record and asking some personal questions. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Through his question, an interviewer wants to know about the various privileges/benefits that you are desirous of while working for a company. For example, some might dream to work in a company that offers a personal cabin, instead of a shared workfloor.
10. What Is Your Ethical Team Culture?
This is an important interview question using which an interviewer wants to know about the various attributes and qualities that you expect your team members to possess. As an ideal response, make sure that you are sharing the qualities that are ethical in nature and support the job requirements. Some of the common qualities are, supportive, helpful, courageous, dedicated, encouraging, etc.
11. Failure In Consumer Centric Processes Is Quite Common. How Do You Manage Failure At The Workplace?
It is an established fact that success is not at all consistent. It needs a lot of hard work and patience in order to be successful. A person will always experience failure at some point in life and must be ready to face it. Yet, failure when experienced leave a devastating impact on human minds that not only affects the quality of current processes but also crushes the confidence level of the employees affecting all the future processes as well. Thus, an interviewer is always interested in knowing the various techniques and strategies that you follow to manage your failure at the workplace.
12. Consumer Management Is A Hectic and Burdensome Process. How Do You Handle Work Related Stress?
Undoubtedly, a portion of the consumers of every business organization is complaining and always skeptical of the company’s process. A delivery manager deals exclusively with them, and this might prove restless and frantic for him. This might lead to professional stress that must be managed and controlled. Stress management is a common business expectation and you are requested through this question to share a few techniques using which you are able to manage your stress levels.
13. Describe Your Best Boss and Worst Boss.
We all work at different business organizations for varying tenures. At all these workplaces, we always face a bunch of seniors and bosses, to whom we report and submit our tasks. It is an established fact, proven even more by the typical human nature, that subordinates tend to categorize their bosses into good and bad. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know the basis using which you categorize your bosses.
14. What Can You Offer Us That Someone Else Cannot?
This is a common interview question, that requires you to share your unique capabilities and qualities that make you stand out from the rest of the candidates. Your best strengths are demanded through this question, which must be prepared after having a thorough reading of the job description.
15. As A Delivery Manager, You Will Perform Several Tasks In A Single Business Day. How Do You Ensure A Timely Completion Of All Of Them?
Working in the corporate sector has its own challenges, and timely completion of all the tasks is one of them. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know about your prioritization techniques using which you are able to arrange and order your tasks on the basis of a pre-defined strategy. Most candidates prioritize their tasks on the basis of time consumption or on the basis of the difficulty level of the tasks. You are free to share what suits you, but make sure you are able to justify your choice with logic and rationales.
16. What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses As A Delivery Manager?
This is a common interview question, which appears in almost all the interview sessions held across the world. The best way to prepare for this question is by analyzing the job description issued to you by your interviewer. Note down the major requirements of the job, and the requisite qualities. Make sure that your strengths align with these requirements and weaknesses do not conflict with them.
17. We Believe In “Quality” Customer Centric Processes. How Do You Interpret The Term “Quality?
This is a word-based interview question in which you are required to interpret the term “quality”. We all humans are different, not only by face but also by behavior, approach, and intellect. This way, we are able to interpret the terms in different ways and the same applies to “quality” as well. Through this question, an interviewer is interested in knowing your version of interpretation.
18. What Motivates You To Work To The Best Of Your Ability At Your Workplace?
We all are motivated by a few factors that prompt us to work hard and achieve our goals and objectives in a time-bound manner. These factors are usually influenced by the personal conditions, financial situations, desires and circumstances of an individual. An interviewer is always interested in knowing these factors so as to analyze and comprehend your personality.
19. What Are Your Salary Expectations?
This is a non-technical interview question, which has the capacity to ruin your selection chances. The best way to handle this question is by quoting a salary figure that relates to the market average. For this, you will be required to conduct an audit of the industry to which you belong and note down all the salaries that are offered to similar professionals. Post this, calculate an average salary and quote a salary figure that matches with it.
20. When Can You Start Working With Us?
This question requires you to share the date on or after which you can start working with the company. This question in no way guarantees your selection and hence, you must not interpret it that way. Further, it is also true that immediate starters are always preferred, but you are expected to share your genuine date of start.
21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
It is common for the interviewers to end an interview session using this question. Through this, an interviewer gives you an opportunity to ask a few relevant counter-questions from your interviewer that reflects your doubts and apprehensions in regards to the business organization. You are recommended to always attempt this question, and base your answer on the model questions mentioned below:
- What are the various additional incentives and bonus payments that the company offers to its regular employees?
- Is it the policy of the company to offer paid leaves to its employees, especially during periods of medical emergencies?
- Please share a list of all the anti-harassment policies that are devised by the company to protect its employees from possible instances of teasing, leg-pulling, bullying, intimidating, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 21 Best Interview Questions To Study
- 1.1 1. What Do You Understand By Sales Promotion Tools and When Does An Organizatons Uses It?
- 1.2 2. What Is Price Skimming? Explain Using A Practical Application Of The Concept.
- 1.3 3. Describe About A Time When You Exceeded The Advertising Budget That Was Allocated To You.
- 1.4 4. How Do You Ensure Place Utility?
- 1.5 5. How Will You Manage A Team Member Who Lacks Intent and Motivation To Perform?
- 1.6 6. Name The Best Customer Management Software Used Widely In The Industry.
- 1.7 7. Share At Least Three Most Essential Attributes Of A Delivery Manager.
- 1.8 8. How Will You Handle A Disgruntled Customer Of The Company?
- 1.9 9. What Is Your Dream Job?
- 1.10 10. What Is Your Ethical Team Culture?
- 1.11 11. Failure In Consumer Centric Processes Is Quite Common. How Do You Manage Failure At The Workplace?
- 1.12 12. Consumer Management Is A Hectic and Burdensome Process. How Do You Handle Work Related Stress?
- 1.13 13. Describe Your Best Boss and Worst Boss.
- 1.14 14. What Can You Offer Us That Someone Else Cannot?
- 1.15 15. As A Delivery Manager, You Will Perform Several Tasks In A Single Business Day. How Do You Ensure A Timely Completion Of All Of Them?
- 1.16 16. What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses As A Delivery Manager?
- 1.17 17. We Believe In “Quality” Customer Centric Processes. How Do You Interpret The Term “Quality?
- 1.18 18. What Motivates You To Work To The Best Of Your Ability At Your Workplace?
- 1.19 19. What Are Your Salary Expectations?
- 1.20 20. When Can You Start Working With Us?
- 1.21 21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
- 2 References