We face so many problems every day in our daily life and it is us who needs to solve those. It is the same when you are being interviewed by someone officially for a position in any company. While in an interview there is no one beside you to help you simply you are being asked a bunch load of questions from someone you never know. The best part of the interview is that you are all alone and you have to answer everything without receiving anyone’s help.
Interview from any organisation is a structured conversation they are very different from normal people talking in daily lives. During the interview, the interviewer asks questions that are very tricky they want to know everything about you in a very short period. So, if the interview goes like that then we are sure you will not like to embarrass yourself for the position that you are looking for in the company.
- 1 Background Check Before Going For A Interview
- 1.1 1. Do the research that is necessary for your work on the company
- 1.2 2. Research for the interviewers or if possible the questions
- 1.3 3. List down imaginary questions that you might be asked
- 1.4 4. You may conduct a mock interview
- 1.5 5. Run a background check on yourself
- 1.6 6. Double-check your social media handles
- 1.7 7. Review your resume or CV before the interview
- 1.8 8. Arriving early than the said time
- 1.9 9. Dress appropriately and bring all the required documents
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 References
Background Check Before Going For A Interview
Many of us by now know what is an interview and what actually happens in an interview. Yes, there are many types of interview and they are not the same you need to tackle them differently. But, before going for an interview it is always better to make yourself ready for what things you need, what you need to memorise or what is instrument that you are going to present to the interviewer. Here are nine ways to prepare a background check before going for an interview:
1. Do the research that is necessary for your work on the company
Do the research that is necessary for your work on the company- This is very simple when you are going for an interview no one there will expect you to sit there not knowing anything. You should have the proper knowledge of what you are going to face of course related to your position in the company. It is always best to make a list or do the research using the online search engine. Being in the 21st Century we all have the access to the internet and no one is stopping you to gain information or knowledge related to any field around the world. It is always best to write points of what you are going to be asked in a paper so that you do not forget it later. Now proper research for your position would include the following points:
- Know what is the mission and vision of the company
- Do online research on the company that you are planning to apply
- Visit the company’s website to make sure you are updated with all the activities that are going around in the company.
- Read if there are some blogs or videos posted about the company recently on their official website or YouTube channel
2. Research for the interviewers or if possible the questions
Research for the interviewers or if possible the questions- It will be really great if you found out the interview questions that are posted online from the company. Unfortunately, in most cases the company do not reveal that but if you are lucky enough then it will be a lucky time for you. If you see the questions that are asked frequently for the job position that you are looking for then it will be great if you memorised everything by heart.
If not getting questions from the internet you will most probably get the names of the individuals who are or will be interviewing you on the date that has been assigned to you. If you do get the names of the people then there is no stopping to how the individual would be or how would be his personality. By doing the following there is no way that the interviewers will be un-impressed while taking your interview:
- Get the names of the interviewers do online research on each individual and make a separate note on that
- It will be much better if you know what they are interested in or you may start following their official social media pages for details that might be important for you in the interview
- You may also what are their contributions towards the company that you are willing to work for. By knowing this we are pretty sure that the interviewers will be impressed by your willingness to work for the company.
3. List down imaginary questions that you might be asked
List down imaginary questions that you might be asked- This is a very simple process as you might know how the interviewers are by researching them so it will give you a hint of what questions you might be asked. The best way to do such is that frequently all day long keep asking yourself questions and write them down on paper so that you do not forget them later on. Do not just write the questions it will be much better if you give the answer or explanation on your own without doing any research.
4. You may conduct a mock interview
You may conduct a mock interview- Conducting such type of imaginary interview before the original one will help you build up your confidence. You may gather around friends and families and ask them to question you on the topic related to your job position in the company. Also, at the end of the mock interview ask for genuine feedback from each individual. The feedback might include such type of questions:
- How did you look while answering?
- Were you confident enough to answer all the questions or not?
- Did the way of talking impress you or should it be changed?
5. Run a background check on yourself
Run a background check on yourself- As you know some reputed multi-national companies who want to know whom they are interviewing. They are bound to check all the medical, criminal, family history of the individual who is going to be interviewed. So, it is best to keep your past clear any bad history might not get you the position that you wanted in the company.
Double-check your social media handles- In the 21st Century many companies while interviewing asks the candidate to check their social media handles. It is because they get a brief idea of what are your likes, dislikes, how active you are social, how often do you post a picture of yourself, and many more. So, it is always better to keep your social media status update to a decent one so that the interviewers if ask to see them they don’t frighten themselves by seeing some unnecessary stuff.
7. Review your resume or CV before the interview
Review your resume or CV before the interview- It is always important to double-check your resume or the CV. There are many cases where the candidate are asked questions based on their achievement or they are asked what they have achieved in their previous workplaces. Most of the candidate forgets what they have achieved and when did they achieve those. So, before handing the resume to your interviewer double-check it every day so that you don’t make mistake.
8. Arriving early than the said time
Arriving early than the said time- Punctuality is what you need in the fast-moving world. The first day which is your interview day will surely get ruined if are late for your interview. It does not feel right the interviewer waiting for its candidates to be interviewed. Be punctual that reflexes a good character of how you are and that is what the interviewer expects from you. So in order to get early, you need to sleep early the previous day and the next morning make sure you give the interviewer no reason for being late. It will be much better if you keep a repetitive alarm on your phone the previous morning so that you don’t forget your interview time.
9. Dress appropriately and bring all the required documents
Dress appropriately and bring all the required documents- The moment you enter the interviewing room your shoes and dress is what the individuals will see. Dress should be chosen a decent one and shoes should be polished and shiny and put a smile on your face while you enter the room. Also, in a hurry people tend to forget some very important documents that are needed during the interview session. So, it is a request that does not make such mistakes on the interviewing day it will not put a good reaction on the face of the interviewers. Overall, show up neat and good along with all the documents required for the job that you are looking for.
An interview is not always easy the interviewers always put hard work into the candidate. There are various types of interviews not every is the same so makes proper research on which type you fall under and does accordingly. I hope that the article was in some way very helpful to you if you are going to face any interview in future or willing to look for a job. Please do not forget to share, comment and leave your precious feedback below.