Business organizations operate under cut-throat competition, which they usually face for their rivals. As if this was not enough, there are legal, political, technological, and socio-economic factors waiting to cause trouble. Thus, it can be safely assumed that business organizations operate under a lot of stress and duress. Employees are the assets of every business organization and constantly work hard to absorb and reduce the stress levels borne by the board of directors and founders. In a quest to do so, they have to perform a variety of business functions, tasks, and duties, commonly known as multi-tasking.
Multi-tasking having being evolved as a common business requirement, is one of the most favorite interviewer questions. Thus, it is necessary as well as pivotal to prepare for it in a serious manner, by reading and analyzing all the types of possible questions that could be framed on this topic. Below is a list of some of the best interview questions, related to multi-tasking.
21 Best Interview Questions Related To Multi-Tasking
1. Why Is Multi-tasking Necessary To Do In The Business Organizations?
Sir, business organizations prefer to hire those employees who have the ability to perform a variety of business tasks. By doing this, they are able to cut down the employee expenditure, and this leads to a lower financial outgo.
2. Multi-tasking Leads To A Loss Of Concentration. Comment.
Sir, In my opinion, this statement is true for beginners or novice employees who have just started their careers. However, for veterans, this statement is completely false. By doing multi-tasking for a longer period of time, employees are able to develop greater concentration and focus.
3. What Are The Necessary Traits That A Multi-tasking Employee Must Possess?
In my opinion, any employee who wants to perform a variety of business tasks simultaneously needs to have:
- Excellent prioritization skills
- An ability to effectively manage time and
- An attitude in which he or she aspires to take initiatives
4. In The Act Of Multi-tasking You Will Be Required To Perform Several Business Tasks. How Do You Prioritize?
Sir, it is inevitable to have a prioritization technique. I do have a developed technique, in which I rank my tasks in the order of their difficulty levels. The tasks, which are tough to perform and involve a greater application of mind are performed by me in the starting as compared to the tasks which are easy to do. This is because, at the beginning of your shift, you are usually fresh and not tired. Thus, performing the tough tasks, in the beginning, helps you to maintain the rhythm and sets the tone for rest of the day.
5. Multi-tasking Leads To A Loss Of Efficiency. Comment.
Sir, in my humble opinion this statement is completely false. Multi-tasking never leads to any loss of efficiency, rather it increases the overall productivity and progress. When an employee performs several tasks, he or she tends to develop superior time management skills and impeccable concentration, adding to the efficiency levels.
6. What Are The Tasks That You Can Not Perform While Multi-tasking?
Sir, I have the ability to perform several tasks while multi-tasking, but listening and taking notes simultaneously is not something, I am good at. However, considering this as the common business requirement, I am improving it and have even joined an online course for this.
7. Multi-tasking Can Be Stressful At Some Times. How Do You Manage Your Stress Levels?
Sir, I partially agree with this statement. When an employee performs several tasks in a single day, on a regular basis, he or she tends to get stressed and frustrated. This stress severely impacts their work performance. Hence, to manage my stress levels, I always prefer to:
- Take adequate breaks between work
- Engage me in deep breathing exercises
- Perform meditation on a daily basis
8. What Are The Benefits Of Multi-tasking For A Business Organization?
There are several benefits that business organizations achieve went their employees multitask. These are:
- Quick and speedy delivery of assignments/projects or any task
- Enhanced and better productivity of its employees
- Reduced employee costs
9. Name Any Three Business Activities That Can Be Performed Simultaneously.
Sure, sir, These are:
- Reading and writing
- Listening and taking notes
- Speak and explaining
10. Multi-Tasking Is Suitable For Which Type Of Industries And Why?
Sir, in my opinion, multi-tasking is suitable for all types of business organizations, irrespective of their size and nature of business. However, when specifically asked, I would like to say, it is more appropriate and beneficial for smaller business organizations that have a tight business budget and work in a very fast-paced business environment.
11. What Is A Quality Task In Your Opinion?
Sir, In my opinion “quality,” is achieved when you are able to perform a task that matches the written manuals or benchmarks. Moreover, all the tasks must be effective and ultimately deliver value to the shareholders and satisfy the wants of the customers of the company.
12. How Can You Maintain A Similar Level Of Efficiency Across All Your Tasks?
Sir, when you perform multiple business tasks, your concentration level tends to vary and gets distributed. This leads to a lower efficiency while performing a few business tasks. In order to maintain it, I always prefer to rank and order my tasks on the basis of time consumption. By performing the tasks that require the highest time, I tend to feel relaxed and composed. This way, my efficiency level does not fall for the other tasks and I am able to maintain it.
13. In The Context Of Multi-tasking, Explain Yield Based Prioritization Of Tasks.
Sure sir, in yield-based prioritization, a major business project is sub-divided into shorter elements and categorized into a major task and several ancillary tasks. Post this categorization, percentages are assigned strategically to all these ancillary tasks. After performing the main task, an employee takes up the tasks that have the highest percentage attached to them
14. How Can You Prioritize Tasks On The Basis Of Profitability?
Sir, every business organization exists to earn profits, and this serves as the basis for this type of prioritization. The tasks which are most profitable to perform are executed at the beginning as compared to the tasks that are less profitable. By using this order, an organization can achieve maximum profits and also control costs.
15. Do You Prepare A Written List Of All The Tasks To Be Performed?
Yes, sir, I prefer to prepare a written list as it helps me to remain vigilant and constantly reminds me of the various tasks to be performed.
16. How Can You Multi-task In Absence Of Your Team Members?
Sir, team members do play an important role in effective and strategic multi-tasking of the various business tasks. Apart from providing valuable guidance, they also tend to share the workload sometimes. However, still I can multi-task on the basis of my established prioritization technique and time management skills.
17. What Are The Benefits Of Multi-tasking For Employees?
It is an established fact that multi-tasking is not only beneficial for business organizations but its employees also. In my opinion, an employee gains more, because he or she is able to:
- Develop a better concentration
- Focus more precisely on individual tasks
- Manage the time more effectively
- Perform in a fast-paced environment
18. Share A Real Situation When You Multitasked At Your Workplace.
Sir, multi-tasking is a common business need and I have performed it at various instances during my previous tenure. However, I would like to share a particular event. Our organization wanted to attract customers and wanted us to develop marketing campaigns that focused on recent trends. This was in addition to the regular tasks that had to be performed, like identifying the real needs and wants of the customers. Both of these tasks were to be performed together, and I did the same.
19. What Is The Key To Successful Multi-tasking?
Sir, in my opinion, time management is the key to successful multi-tasking. Without effective time management, an employee will not be able to perform all his or her tasks in a single business day with the same level of efficiency and effectiveness.
20. What Are The Various Steps Involved In Multi-tasking?
The various steps are:
- Identifying a large project to be performed
- Strategically breaking down this large project into smaller projects or tasks
- Arranging these tasks on the basis of an effective prioritization technique
21. How Can You Complete All Your Tasks Before The Deadline?
Sir, by effectively managing my time and by arranging the tasks in a proper sequence on the basis of my knowledge, skills, and intelligence, I can complete all my tasks well before the deadline.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari is the founder of PrepMyCareer.com website.
I am a full-time professional blogger, a digital marketer, and a trainer. I love anything related to the Web, and I try to learn new technologies every day.
All the team management, content creation, and monetization tasks are handled by me. Together with the team at PrepMyCareer, the aim is to provide useful and engaging content to our readers.