Production Coordinators are people who manage the production office. They assist production managers with all their complicated and busy schedules.
A Production Coordinator needs to know all non-technical and technical parts of the works. They should always be ready to multitask under intensive work pressure.
People in this field should have multi-skills. Some of the important skills that people in this field should imbibe are leadership skills, multitasking skills, management skills, communication skills, marketing, and being well with others.
Best 21 Production Coordinator Interview Questions For Impressing The Interviewer
1. Why are you interested in the Production Coordinator position?
I am a big fan of this Production company. From when I was in college I wanted to work here. I always wanted to enter the film industry. I think I am suitable for this role as I satisfy all the requirements of this post.
I enjoy having diverse work roles. A Production Coordinator flourishes under workloads and I think that I am capable of doing it. Moreover, I will be learning countless things from professionals.
2. What is the importance of a Production Coordinator?
Production Coordinators are the most important part of the Production company. They are the backbone of the office. They are the incharge of non-technical and technical works.
A Production Coordinator looks at the email, he knows and plans an all-day routine for all employees. He keeps a rundown of all the things needed, updates the changes in scripts.
Daily progress reports are put together by him. In absence of Production managers, he takes the authority of keeping the office ethical.
3. What are the qualities one should imbibe to be a Production Coordinator?
The role of the Production Coordinator is vital. An individual should be responsible enough to manage this position. Some of the qualities of a Production Coordinator are as follows:
- Magnificent in time management is the most important quality a Production Coordinator should imbibe.
- A Production Coordinator should prosper under intensive pressure.
- He should know how to perpetuate the budget.
- Multitasking is a vital skill for the person who aspires to be a Production Coordinator.
- He should be confident in his work
- Good communication skills are a must.
- Leadership qualities for maintaining the whole crew are beneficial.
- Excellent management skills.
- Knows software programming can be helpful for the post.
4. What do you think, what are the qualifications needed to be a Production Coordinator?
A bachelor’s degree in mass media and related fields are enough to be a Production Coordinator.
5. Production Coordinator job can be very restless. What do you think about how they handle time and deadlines?
Being a workaholic is a must if you want to be a Production Coordinator. The capability to multitask is necessary for the candidate. Sometimes work-life becomes very hectic in this field.
Proficient candidates should know how to manage and prioritize different kinds of work. One should have experience in multitasking and should know how to manage stress.
6. Tell us how would you manage your position as a Production Coordinator?
The Production Coordinator’s job can be wide-ranging and diverse. They run the production office with lots of people. They assist the production managers in maintaining the production company.
A Production Coordinator is responsible for handling the cast & crew, time management, organizing the schedule to travel, etc. They administer the assistants and interns.
The Production Coordinator checks and answers emails daily. They even assure that all the bills are paid. And I think I can multitask in various situations.
7. How would you manage conflicts between two people in the industry?
While Production managers are busy with other work, Production Coordinators become in charge of the system.
A company has lots of people. And conflicts can occur at any time. Production Coordinators have to step up to diminish the complications. And he should be ready to give a solid solution for the conflict.
8. How does a Production Coordinator upgrade the work efficiency?
The office needs to be well-organized and functioning. After the emergence of the internet, the job market has become more competitive. The bright side is that we have access to all innovative tools.
The Internet has made office life work more efficiently. A perfect and proficient Production Coordinator should know what tools can make the office work run at maximum speed efficiently. Knowing the basics of programming will be helpful. He should have the ability to learn faster.
9. A Production Coordinator should be strict with abiding rules. How can you make sure that people in the industry are following the rules?
The main aim of following rules and regulations at the workplace is the protection of the company’s position and ensuring that employees feel safe there. Sometimes not abiding by the rules may be overlooked.
Proficient Production Coordinator should have leadership qualities and should be confident with his work. And I think I’m well aware of the duties and confident enough to lead people without breaking rules.
10. How can you assure the quality of work in the company?
According to me the biggest credit of any Production Coordinator is experience. Having experience in any field can give you a plus point for getting selected for the post.
The Production Coordinator should know the standard quality of the job. They are aware of the ways they can use to improve the standard.
A proficient Production Coordinator is efficient in working with the team. They are aware of the weakness and strengths of the people and themselves.
11. How was your experience in your last job as a Production Coordinator?
After doing an internship for two years as an assistant Production Coordinator. I acquired much experience and knowledge about this field. I work with professionals at a video production firm. The work culture was very strict and energizing.
12. What did you learn from your last job?
I acquired much knowledge as an assistant Production Coordinator in a video production firm. Working under professionals made me confident with my work.
I learned plenty of things in my 2 years of assistantship. The work culture there was motivating. The uncompromising deadline enlightened me to the importance of self-discipline.
13. What are the tools you would use in this field?
The advent of the internet changed the work-life of people. Technology has made life simpler and better. Some of the tools that I would use are google docs, excel, scenechronize, poco6, castifi, etc.
14. Define Pre-Production.
Pre-Production is the procedure of collecting data before the authentic production. It is a way of planning some important work involved in the movie.
Some portions which can be pre-planned are finalizing scripts, giving roles to the cast, analyzing the budget, deciding the location, etc.
15. What are the activities a Production Coordinator should execute at the time of the pre-production?
The activities that I would be performing as a Production Coordinator at the of pre-production are:
- Making the team list who will be part of the pre-production.
- Taking (COIF) Certificates of insurance in film.
- Organizing the dates and times for the actual production.
- Analyzing and noting the things needed.
16. Name the stages of Film-production.
The Film-production stages are as follows:
- Estimating budget
- Pre-production phase
- Production phase
- Marketing phase
- Distribution phase
17. What’s your biggest strength?
From my last company as an assistant Production Coordinator, I imbibed the ability to be positive all-time, confident in my work, and manage the time carefully.
Moreover, I am also very self-disciplined with meeting deadlines. I am scrupulous about small details in my work. And the biggest strength I have is that I am a workaholic person.
18. How would you oversee the aggressive and difficult clients?
Client conflicts are inevitable. Encase of aggressive clients, I would choose my words cautiously. I will practice listening more. Let them know that I respect their decision and am aware of their problem.
Be formal in the talk. In these kinds of situations, we should never rush on the customers or renounce them.
19. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
If I acquire the Production Coordinator post in this company, then I think I would be very experienced and have broad knowledge about this field.
And I would have utilized that knowledge in the upliftment of this company. Furthermore, I would have contributed to bringing the company to an international level.
20. Mention some of the tools you used to track expenses and labor.
Some of the tools that I used to trace expenses and labor are as follows:
- Project Manager for tracing costs of things.
- Ghantt is used for recording expenses.
- DeskTime is used to trace the employee’s work.
21. How will you deal with the disagreements in the crew?
With proper communication and clarifications, the disagreement can be solved. Taking all the suggestions of people and then acting accordingly is the correct way to solve disputes.
Being optimistic and listening to everyone’s point of view can help in making the situation calmer.
|PrepMyCareer Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents