Beauty and the beast. I hope either you have read the book or must have seen several movies based on it. The most common and obvious thing is, nobody loves the beast but everyone is mad for the beauty. I believe the little-known author of this fairy tale, Madame Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot, foresaw the future in the mid-eighteenth century. In today’s world, everything moves around beauty, which reflects an adorable personality, magnetism, and charm.
It is a common belief in the entire corporate world, that in addition to your intelligence if you look good, possess beauty, and have that charisma, you have a very high chance to succeed and make a name for yourself. Thus, there comes the need as well as demand for specialized personnel, known as Esthetician, who is a skin specialist and can beautify you, by giving facial sessions, massages, and even makeups. This is an in-demand role, as everyone wants to look beautiful, thus enabling estheticians to rake in huge salaries and incentives.
- 1 21 Best Interview Questions To Study
- 1.1 1. What Are The Side Effects Of Full-Body Waxing?
- 1.2 2. Share Three Qualities Of An Able Esthetician.
- 1.3 3. Bleach Works Perfectly For Which Skin Type and Why?
- 1.4 4. The Success Of An Esthetician Depends Upon Client’s Satisfaction. Comment On The Statement.
- 1.5 5. In What Condition Does Red, Itchy and Scaly Patches Are Formed On Human Skin?
- 1.6 6. What Is Electrolysis Hair Removal Technique?
- 1.7 7. Name Any Of Your Three Superior Skills That Relate To This Field.
- 1.8 8. How Will You Handle A Disgruntled Client?
- 1.9 9. Name Any Three Most Widely Used Salon Software.
- 1.10 10. How Important Is Giving Personal Business Card and Still Maintaining Integrity?
- 1.11 11. When Can You Start?
- 1.12 12. What Motivates You To Work?
- 1.13 13. What Is Quality In Your Opinion?
- 1.14 14. Estheticians Have To Perform Several Tasks In A Day. How Do You Prioritize?
- 1.15 15. Can You Handle Stress?
- 1.16 16. How Much Salary Are You Expecting?
- 1.17 17. How Do You Handle Failure At The Workplace?
- 1.18 18. Why Should We Choose You Over Other Candidates?
- 1.19 19. Why Do You Want To Work With Us?
- 1.20 20. What Is Your Ideal Company Culture?
- 1.21 21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
- 2 References
21 Best Interview Questions To Study
1. What Are The Side Effects Of Full-Body Waxing?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the side effects and issues that beautification techniques can have on the human body.
Sir, full-body waxing is a common affair not only with women but also men. There is a rapid demand for this practice, and thus estheticians do it in a hurried manner, leading to several side effects such as:
- Sun sensitivity: Hurried and excessive waxing can result in deterioration of the top-most epidermis layer, making skin more prone to sun burns.
- Cracking of Skin: The skin might crack and show wrinkles as well as scars on specific areas.
- Appearance of Bumps: Though these are temporary in nature, bumps might appear at the places from where the hair roots have been uprooted.
This question requires you to respond with the qualities and attributes that an ideal esthetician must possess.
Sure, sir, These are:
|Name of the Quality||Explanation|
|Empathy||It is necessary for an esthetician to enter into the shoes of its customers and think about his or her requirements. This would enable precision and delivery of superior performance.|
|Caring Attitude||This role relates to the hospitality sector, wherein customers simply love to experience care and attention. Thus, it is necessary for an esthetician to have a caring attitude.|
|Responsible||Great detail and accuracy is required in the profession of an esthetician. Thus, in order to be successful one must be willing to assume responsibility and accountability.|
3. Bleach Works Perfectly For Which Skin Type and Why?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various techniques involved in giving facial treatments.
Sir, the primary purpose of the bleach is to achieve a lighter complexion, which is to lighten up the darker areas of the body. This is mostly done for the face and is a part of the facial procedures. In my opinion, bleach would not work effectively for dry skin, rather would be more effective on oily skin, because there is a deep cleansing mechanism working while bleaching, which might remove the essential oils of dry skin, making it more vulnerable to cracking and rashes.
4. The Success Of An Esthetician Depends Upon Client’s Satisfaction. Comment On The Statement.
This is a tricky intellectual question that aims to test your understanding of the profession.
Sir, in my humble opinion this statement is completely true. Estheticians find employment in spas, parlors, and salons, which all come under the ambit of the hospitality sector, which is largely customer-centric. With an increased focus on the clients, it is necessary that they are completely satisfied and content with the service, so that they visit again and re-avail the services.
5. In What Condition Does Red, Itchy and Scaly Patches Are Formed On Human Skin?
This question aims to know whether or not you are aware of common skin-related ailments.
Sir, such issues emerge most probably in cases of psoriasis, in which skin cells just group themselves together and develop into a red and scaly patch, visible like spots, all over the body.
6. What Is Electrolysis Hair Removal Technique?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various techniques involved in hair removal.
Sir, it is one of the most common and widely followed techniques of hair removal. The primary aim of this technique is to destroy the hair growth spot or center which is responsible for the growth of the hair. This is done using a special chemical or by simply applying enough heat to destroy it. This is a great technique for removing unwanted hair and has little to no side effects. In some rare cases, the skin might show redness, but that too is temporary and it would eliminate after a few days.
7. Name Any Of Your Three Superior Skills That Relate To This Field.
Through this question an interviewer wants to know, what are some of your skills, that make you relevant for this job openng.
Sure, sir, These are:
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Hair Removal using both laser and electrolysis
8. How Will You Handle A Disgruntled Client?
Through this question, an interviewer wants to know, whether or not you have an understanding as well as will to satisfy all the types of customers that visit the organization.
Sir, it is common in our industry to have disgruntled customers. In order to serve them in a better way, I would, first of all, understand the primary reason or issues that are arising. Post this, I will use my analytical ability, and would suggest a perfect resolution, to the client, with an option to further negotiations.
9. Name Any Three Most Widely Used Salon Software.
We simply live in a technology-dominated world and this means, employees must have good knowledge as well as hands-on experience on prominent softwares that are used in the industry.
Sure, sir, These are:
- Salon Iris and
10. How Important Is Giving Personal Business Card and Still Maintaining Integrity?
The role of an esthetician is simply to look after the requirements of the client and satisfy them with services. In order to maintain long-term business relationships, it is ethical to share a personal business card, however, this must not be used as an opportunity to grab clients. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know your viewpoints in this regard.
Sir, sharing a personal business card is necessary for client retention and also to keep him or her updated about the latest developments and schedules. I am a loyal, committed and honest employee, who never engages myself in any kind of unethical activities. Maintaining integrity is the utmost element, and I am surely worthy of it.
11. When Can You Start?
There is nothing technical in this interview question, and an interviewer only requires you to share your genuine response. Still, this question can be made a mess of, by interpreting it as a guarantee for selection, which unfortunately is not the case. Increase your imagination and boost your preparation, by referring to our famous article, that covers this interview question in detail.
12. What Motivates You To Work?
Everyone is motivated by a few factors, that push us at our workplace and stimulate us to work hard and achieve our goals in a time-bound manner. Through this interview question, an interviewer wants to know those genuine factors, for the purposes of personality evaluation and assessment. Never shy away from sharing an original answer, and in case you need further help, refer to our exclusive article.
13. What Is Quality In Your Opinion?
This is a trending interview question, through which an interviewer wants to know, what is quality in your own opinion. You must answer this question, by keeping the corporate structure in mind as well as considering the tasks and duties expected to be performed. For better preparation, refer to our exclusive post, covering this question in detail.
14. Estheticians Have To Perform Several Tasks In A Day. How Do You Prioritize?
Prioritization of tasks using an effective technique is an important task in itself. It is common for business organizations to assign more than one task to be executed in a single day. In order to maintain accuracy and precision, follow some of the widely used techniques in order to effectively prioritize. In case you are not aware of the same, refer to our famous post, guiding you everything.
15. Can You Handle Stress?
Salons, spas, resorts, or clinics operate under a lot of vulnerability and disturbances. They are often impacted by a variety of political as well as legal factors. This pressure ultimately gets transferred to the employees of the organization and as a consequence, they have to work in stressful and hectic work environments. Always answer positively to this question, and in order to boost your preparation, refer to our famous article.
16. How Much Salary Are You Expecting?
It is common for the interviewers to ask about your salary expectations during the interview session itself. As an ideal response, always share a salary range, which must be based on some exhaustive, deep, and diligent research of the industry. Negotiation plays an important role in getting a higher salary, thus always do it, and in case you are unaware of it, please refer to our famous article, which will guide you completely as to how you can effectively discuss salary during an interview session.
17. How Do You Handle Failure At The Workplace?
This question aims to test your body language, approach, and behavior. Every employee encounters a similar situation a few times in his or her career. Always answer positively to this question, and for an in-depth preparation refer to our famous article, which has covered this question completely.
18. Why Should We Choose You Over Other Candidates?
This question is closely related to and largely influenced by the regular strength-related question. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know what makes you so special and why you should be hired, instead f other candidates. As an ideal response, you are supposed to share some of your major attributes, qualities, and strengths, in a humble and decent manner. For an in-depth preparation of this interview question, refer to our exclusive post.
19. Why Do You Want To Work With Us?
Through this question, an interviewer wants to know your level of seriousness as well as commitment towards the business organization. Always answer this question in a positive manner and quote some of the relevant facts, unique achievements of the organization, along with mentioning the benefits that you can achieve on a personal level. The best source for this question is the official website of the organization. Refer to our specialized post for better insights.
20. What Is Your Ideal Company Culture?
Through this question, an interviewer wants to know, what type of team members do you expect to have and with whom you are most comfortable working. Be genuine and whatever you feel, just share it. Avoid all the generic responses, and in case you are short of answers, refer to our exclusive post, giving you ten unique sample answers to consider.
21. Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
It is a general habit of interviewers across the world, to conclude an interview session, through this question, This question gives an opportunity to a candidate to ask a few questions from the interviewer in regards to the organization, its working culture, ethics, etc. A perfect answer to this interview question shows that you are genuinely interested and committed to the organization. Ask a few questions based on the model questions mentioned below:
- What are the various allowances and incentives offered by the organization to its employees?
- Please share the list of all the developmental and training activities undertaken by the organization for its employees.
- Is it the policy of the company to give paid leaves to its employees in cases of medical emergency, in addition to the regular paid leaves?