Business organizations manufacture products and services for their customers and end-users. The primary aim or objective of every business enterprise is to earn profits and expand their market share so as to improve their overall visibility and grab the lion pie of market share. This is possible only if business organizations deliver a product that is high in quality, durability and meets the realistic expectations of the organizations’ own standards and customer’s demands. All this is possible and made real, by a specialist position, known as a Quality assurance executive.
Role of A Quality Assurance Executive In A Business Organization
The primary role of a quality assurance executive is to ensure that the final product developed follows the strict quality standards and benchmarks set by the organization for its production purposes. For this, the person employed at this position conducts a variety of audits and inspections, to find out possible damages, inferiority, and defects in the products manufactured. This makes this position highly responsible and accountable as even minor negligence could have a direct impact upon the business organization in the form of reduced sales and a rise in consumer complaints.
21 Best Interview Questions To Study And Prepare
1) A Boundary Testing Focuses Primarily On Which Aspect?
This question checks your fundamental knowledge of testing and valuation.
Sir, in boundary testing type of technique used for software evaluation, boundaries are set and tests are conducted, so as to obtain values that represents and lies between both the upper and lower ranges. This helps in the identification of bugs and efficiency of the program designed.
2) Name Three Test Steps.
This is a job specific interview question which requires you to share three important steps involved in test case type of setting.
Sure sir, these are:
- Pre-requisites for testing
- Conducive Test environment and
- Outputs generated
3) Name Three Software Testing Types.
This question checks your fundamental knowledge of testing and valuation.
Sure sir, these are:
- Smoke testing
- Shakeout testing and
- Load/Stress testing
4) Explain The Key Difference Between Load Testing and Stress Testing?
This question requires you to have a complete knowledge of the various testing procedures and stark differences between them.
Sir, Every software has a certain capacity or a limit, up to which it can work in the designated and expected manner, before becoming unresponsive. In stress testing, this limit is crossed so as to evaluate the outcomes generated. However in load testing, this limit is not crossed and a software is input data, which is within its normal range. The load placed is not beyond software’s designated capacity.
5) What Do You Understand By The Term Rapid Prototyping?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various prototyping models.
Sir, Rapid prototyping is a new technique and is widely followed nowadays. It simply refers to creation of 3D designs or imprints for a better understanding of the clients’s requirements. It is a fabrication technique used to create computer aided designs (CAD)
6) What IsThe Full Form Of CRUD and Its Chief Element?
This question tests your core principles of quality assurance and testing principles.
Sir, CRUD stands for:
- Update and
The primary constituent using which CRUD testing is performed is SQL statements.
7) Name Two Prominent Tools Used For Effective Test Manegement.
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the various tools used in the process of testing software.
Sure sir, These are:
- Jira and
8) What Are Your Salary Expectations?
It is common for the interviewers to ask this question during an interview session. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know your expected salary bracket range. Prepmycareer advises you not to share any random salary figure, rather share a range that is based on exhaustive market research and analysis. You can prepare for this question in-depth through our expert article.
9) How Do You Interpret A Cause and Effect Graph?
This question tests your core principles of quality assurance and various statistical tools.
Sir, a cause and effect graph, consists of X-axis and Y-axis, with one representing the inputs and the other one outputs. This type of technique is used to analyze the various situations and test combinations to ultimately obtain a decision table.
10) Explain Three Attributes Of Efficient Test Cases?
This question tests your knowledge of writing test cases in different programming languages, such as Python, Java, etc.
Yes sir, these are:
- The test cases must be clear, concise and crisp as that would lead to an easier execution
- Make sure that no test case is repeated
- Ensure that you have read the entire specification document and test cases give a 100% coverage.
11) When Can You Start?
It is common for interviewers to get a quote of your availability during the interview session itself. There is nothing technical in this question, however, it has the capacity to make you excited, because some candidates feel they have almost secured this job. Hence, Prepmycareer advises such candidates to control their emotions as this question does not guarantee your selection in any possible manner. This question can be prepared in-depth using this link.
12) What Are The Various Types Of Bugs?
This question tests your knowledge and understanding of the core principles of quality assurance.
Sir, there are primarily two types of bugs, which are:
- Bug Leakage: It refers to the bug or defects which are found by the end users after the product has been released and is in the market to be accessed by its users.
- Bug Release: This type of bug is identified and recognised by the testing team itself.
13) What Motivates You To Work?
It is common for interviewers to ask this question so as to become aware of the primary motivational factors that prompt you to work hard at your workplace. This is a highly subjective question and depends entirely upon your circumstances, financial conditions, and aspirations. Hence, try to avoid any generic answer and extend a carefully drafted logical answer. Prepare exhaustively for this question, using this link.
14) As A Quality Assurance Executive, You Will Receive Multiple Tasks In A Single Day. How Do You Prioritize?
This question requires you to share your prioritization strategy with your interviewer. You might be prioritizing tasks on the basis of their difficult levels or arranging them on the basis of their time consumption, whatever it is, just share a genuine response. You can prepare for this question in a comprehensive manner using this link.
For the unprepared, this question is simply a choice perceiving question, but for the prepared, it is a master analyzer. Through this question, an interviewer looks deep into your future aspirations and qualities that you wish to acquire in the near future. Whatever animal you choose, just make sure you are sharing some of the unique qualities of that animal too. This is a trending interview question, which requires in-depth preparation. Prepmycareer is pleased to help you out, and you can access our exclusive post on this interview question.
16) What Are Your Strengths?
An interview session is almost incomplete without a ‘strength/weakness’ question. This is the most frequently asked interview question and enables an interviewer to get a hold of your personality and attitude in a better manner. In order to prepare for this question in the best possible way, always prepare a written report and write down your few closest strengths. Considering its frequency and importance in an interview session, Prepmycareer has prepared an exclusive post on this interview question.
17) Quality Assurance Is A Team Job. Comment On The Statement.
This question requires you to share your views and thoughts about working in a team setting rather than individually. However, no matter what side you choose, there will always be questions towards you. If you prefer to work in a team, then you will be construed as a person, who can not work individually with minimum supervision, help, and guidance. On the flip side, if you prefer to work individually, you are not a team man, and can not maintain harmony with your colleagues.
Considering the tricky nature of this interview question, Prepmycareer has designed an exclusive post that covers and explains this dilemma in detail. Please read our post through this link.
18) Can You Operate Under A Hectic Work Environment?
Business organizations operate under heavy workload and immense pressure, which is ultimately shared and transferred upon the employees of the company. Through this question, an interviewer wants to know whether or not you will be to handle work pressure and still deliver a stellar performance. If find yourself wanted for answers, then access our exclusive post, which is crafted in an expert manner.
19) What Is The Biggest Mistake Of A Quality Assurance Personnel At The Workplace?
This is a job-specific question that tests your practical working procedures.
Sir, in my humble opinion, the biggest mistake that a quality assurance executive commits while being in employment is that he or she fails to make regular inspections during the production process. It just makes no sense, to pinpoint inefficiencies and defects at the time of the final outcome. This act not only reduces the profitability of the company but also leads to the wastage of human resources.
20) Why You Chose Us?
Through this question, an interviewer wants to judge your seriousness and commitment towards the business organization you sought to work with. As an ideal response to this question, share some of the unique achievements and results of the organization, which could be prepared from the official website of the company. A perfect answer to this question can really help you in making a favorable impression of yourself, hence always prepare seriously for this question. Help yourself through this expert article.
21) Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
Be it the interview session of an accountant or a manager, it is common for an interviewer to conclude with this question. In its reply, you can ask a few relevant questions from your interviewer based on the following model questions:
- What are the various health benefits and allowances extended by the organization to its employees?
- Is it the organization’s policy to extend maternity/paternity leaves to its employees?
- What are the various educational, training and development programs run by the organization for its employees?
Table of Contents
- 1 Role of A Quality Assurance Executive In A Business Organization
- 2 21 Best Interview Questions To Study And Prepare
- 2.1 1) A Boundary Testing Focuses Primarily On Which Aspect?
- 2.2 2) Name Three Test Steps.
- 2.3 3) Name Three Software Testing Types.
- 2.4 4) Explain The Key Difference Between Load Testing and Stress Testing?
- 2.5 5) What Do You Understand By The Term Rapid Prototyping?
- 2.6 6) What IsThe Full Form Of CRUD and Its Chief Element?
- 2.7 7) Name Two Prominent Tools Used For Effective Test Manegement.
- 2.8 8) What Are Your Salary Expectations?
- 2.9 9) How Do You Interpret A Cause and Effect Graph?
- 2.10 10) Explain Three Attributes Of Efficient Test Cases?
- 2.11 11) When Can You Start?
- 2.12 12) What Are The Various Types Of Bugs?
- 2.13 13) What Motivates You To Work?
- 2.14 14) As A Quality Assurance Executive, You Will Receive Multiple Tasks In A Single Day. How Do You Prioritize?
- 2.15 15) Do You Like Animals? If Yes, Share Your Favorite One.
- 2.16 16) What Are Your Strengths?
- 2.17 17) Quality Assurance Is A Team Job. Comment On The Statement.
- 2.18 18) Can You Operate Under A Hectic Work Environment?
- 2.19 19) What Is The Biggest Mistake Of A Quality Assurance Personnel At The Workplace?
- 2.20 20) Why You Chose Us?
- 2.21 21) Do You Have Any Questions For Us?
- 3 References